5 Best Ways to Make GIF from YouTube Videos – Gadgets to Use
GIFs are a great way to express your thoughts and feelings with funny short looping videos. And some of our favorite gifs are from our Youtube videos. Suppose you have come across a funny or GIF-worthy moment while watching a Youtube video and you want to turn it into a GIF. How can you do this? In this article, we are going to show you some of the best methods you can use to create GIFs from Youtube videos on PC and mobile.
Also, read | How to add your own GIFs to Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Telegram
Turn Youtube Videos into GIF (for PC)
Create GIFs with Gifs.com
Gifs.com is a simple yet awesome tool that has lots of customizations that you can use to create amazing GIFs. It’s free to use, but you’ll need to create an account to download the GIF to your device and purchase a premium to remove the watermark. Here’s how to use Gifs.com:
- Navigate to the Youtube video from which you want to create a GIF.
- Add the word GIF before youtube without space and press enter.
- It will take you directly to Gifs.com.
- Select the start and end time of your GIF.
- You can now add effects to your GIF from the sidebar on the left.
- When you’re done making changes, click Create a GIF in the upper right corner.
- On the next screen you can add a title and tags to your GIF.
- Now click on Next. It will process your GIF.
- You can copy and share the link to your GIF after processing is complete.
As mentioned above, you will need to create an account on Gifs.com to upload your GIF.
Create Youtube GIFs with GifRun
GifRun is another popular website where you can create GIFs from YouTube videos. It certainly lacks customization options but it’s easy to use and you don’t add any watermark. You can also save the GIFs to your device. Now let’s see how to create GIFs on GifRun.
- Copy URL or link of the Youtube video you want to use.
- Go to GIFRun and paste video link.
It will fetch the video by itself and then you can proceed with your edits.
- Set the start time and duration of the video.
You can see the preview of the video while making edits. You can add some limited filters, frame rates, and captions to your GIF.
- Click on Create a GIFonce you have made your changes and everything is set.
- You’ll see a preview of your GIF, if you’re happy with it, click To download to save the GIF.
GifRun also lets you crop the aspect ratio of your GIF. This is a fast and completely free online tool with no additional or hidden costs.
Using the GifIt Chrome Extension
GifIt is a Chrome extension available on the Chrome Web Store. It allows you to create GIFs from youtube videos directly from Youtube player. It is only available for Chrome and Chromium browsers such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Here’s how to set up and use GifIt:
- Download the GifIt extension from Chrome Web Store on Chrome, Brave and Edge browsers.
- Go to youtube and open video from which you want to create a GIF. You should be able to see the GifIt button next to the Fullscreen option.
- Click on the GifIt button.
- Enter the start time and end time. You can also adjust the frame rate and size of the images.
- After making your selections, click GifIt.
It will start processing your GIF. Once processed, you will be able to see the preview of your GIF.
- Now click on Save GIF to download the video.
GifIt is an amazing free extension to create GIFs directly from Youtube. It does not provide any sort of effects but its lack of customization is countered by its ease of access.
There are a variety of other free alternatives that you can try to create GIF from Youtube videos. As GIPHY, makeagif, Kapwingand Imgur. If the ones mentioned above don’t work for you, you can use them instead.
Turn Youtube videos into GIF (for mobile)
On mobile, you only have a few options to create GIFs from Youtube. This is because developers should follow Google’s guidelines and remove these features from their app. There are several ways to do this. Let’s take a look at them.
Using GIF Maker-Editor to save and create GIFs (Android devices)
Options are pretty slim on Android devices when it comes to apps to create GIFs from Youtube. This is due to Google’s policy on the Play Store which requires apps to remove these features. But GIF Maker allows you to save Youtube videos which you can use to create GIFs. Here’s how you can use it.
- To download GIF Maker-Editor from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap the Screen recording in GIF format option.
- A pop-up window will appear asking permission to start recording. Press on Start now.
- Now go to Youtube and start playing the video to save it to the screen.
- Once saved, pull down the notification shade and tap screen recording notification to turn off screen recording.
The screen recording will be automatically saved in your Gallery app.
- Return to the GIF Maker app and tap the Video to GIF option.
- It will show you all the videos present on your device, select screen recording.
- Adjust the duration of your video. Make sure it doesn’t last more than 10 seconds.
- After adjusting the duration, tap the check button on the top right turn the page.
- On the next page, you can customize your GIF, add a caption, and resize its dimensions. Tap the check button again in the top right when you’re done.
- Select now the GIF the option and the Quality of your GIF then press OKAY.
Your GIF will begin processing. You may see an announcement during this process. Once the treatment is finished, it will be saved in your gallery and you can share your newly created GIF with your friends.
To note: If your device works Android 11 or higher or comes pre-installed with a screen recording app, you can use that instead.
Create Youtube GIFs with Video to GIF Maker (iOS Devices)
Similar to Android, there aren’t many options on iOS to create GIFs from Youtube links, but since iOS uses Apple’s own App Store, there are no strict restrictions on not allow such features. And with an app called GIF Maker, we can create GIFs from Youtube on iOS devices.
- To download Video to GIF-GIF Maker on your iOS device.
- Open the app and tap the Youtube to GIF option.
- Copy URL Youtube video and paste it in the app and select To GIF.
- Now you can select the section of the video to create a GIF and select Time range.
In the same page, you can add stickers and captions to your GIF.
- Hurry Export in the top right corner when you’re done editing to create your GIF.
- press the messenger icon to reveal direct links to share the GIF.
You don’t have the option to save the GIF to your device, but you can share it directly to iMessage or copy the link to the GIF and then share it.
Bonus: Use the Official Clip function on Youtube (PC and Mobile)
If you just want to share a snippet of a Youtube video with your friends, you can do that directly from Youtube itself. Youtube recently added an official Clip button which allows you to select a small part of the video and share it via a link. It is easy to use and also supports creator. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Open the Youtube video you want to clip.
- Below the video, you can find a Clip option with a scissors icon. Click on it.
- Select video portion and duration you want to share.
- Add title or Description to this clip.
- Now press the Share clip button. It will open direct links to share or you can copy the URL.
I hope you found the websites, extensions, and apps listed here useful. Youtube videos are full of hilarious moments that need to be captured. Now you can create your unique GIFs from your favorite Youtube video and share them with everyone. But make sure you get permission from the creator before creating the GIF.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.